The Importance of an SEO Audit
When was the last time you did and SEO audit of your website? If you haven’t done an audit, then you don’t really know which aspects of your site need to be optimized. If you don’t have a solid SEO foundation on your site today, any money you invest on improvements from here on out might be in vain.
The results of an SEO audit can help you plan your next steps to improve your site’s performance. Then and only then can you properly plan an effective online marketing campaign that will improve your organic rankings, drive traffic to the correct pages and you will improve your return on investment (ROI).
The most effective time to do an SEO audit is when you are planning to build a site, after a site redesign, if you see an issue with your search engine ranking or as an annual check-up. An online marketing firm will not only assist you with the audit but also implement a cleanup plan to improve your site.
Below is a list of some of the information you will gain from an SEO audit:
● Analytics – Your site should be tied to an analytics platform like Omniture so you can gather reports on a routine basis.
● Blog – The content on a blog should be relevant and should be updated frequently.
● Content – Your content needs to be keyword rich, relevant and updated often.
● Domain Name – Your domain name should have targeted keywords that are relevant to your product and services.
● Duplicate Content – Search engines frown upon websites that have the same content on more than one page on a site.
● External Links – Your site should link to quality sites to improve your credibility.
● Internal Links – Your content needs to link to relevant content on other pages of your site.
● Meta Data – Each page on your site needs to include meta data that is focused on the keywords used on that page.
● Navigation of the Site – Your site need to be structured in a way that is easy for your customers to use and for the search engines to crawl.